Frequently Asked Questions
Direct deposit

Q: Can I have my revenue check direct deposited to my bank account?

A: Yes, please send new or updated requests to the address, email or fax number above. The request must include a completed ACH form, copy of voided check and a completed W-9 Form for verification purposes.

Comstock ACH Form

Address change

Q: How can I change my mailing address?

A: Please send address change requests to the address, email or fax number above. The change request MUST include your owner number, name, old address, new address, last 4 digits of your social security/tax identification number and signature of the account holder. If the account with Comstock is a joint account, both account holders must sign the form.

Comstock ACH FormChange of Address Form

Change of Ownership

Q: What happens when an interest owner passes away?

A: Please see link below for instructions on testate (with a Will) and intestate (without a Will) transfers as well as a blank Affidavit of Death and Heirship form. Mail or fax recorded documentation to the address, email or fax number above.

Instructions for Change of Ownership after Death
Death and Heirship Affidavit form

Completing a Division Order

Q: I have received a Division Order. How do I complete it?

A: After verifying your name, address and interest are shown correctly on the form; execute the 'Original' Division Order in the presence of two witnesses who will also sign the Division Order. Keep the 'Copy' for your records. Return the Original Division Order and a completed W-9 to the address or fax number above. See below for additional instructions and W-9 form.

Division Order Instructions
W-9 form

Revenue check issue dates

Q: When will my revenue check be mailed?

A: Revenue checks are issued on the 27th day of every month or the next business day when suspense totals $50 or more.

Lost or stolen checks

Q: What should I do if I did not receive a check that was issued to me?

A: If you have not received your check and it has been 10 business days from the issue date of the check, please contact owner relations at 972-668-8886 to issue a stop payment and void of the original check. The voided funds will be included on your revenue check the following month.See below for additional instructions and W-9 form.

Check detail

Q: How do I read my check detail?

A: Please see link below for your check detail.

Check Detail

Name Change

Q: How do I change the name on my account?

A: If a name change is due to marriage or divorce, please send a certified or recorded copy of marriage certificate or divorce decree. For company name changes, please provide a recorded certificate of name change or Certificate of Merger, along with a completed W-9.


Q: What is netting? How do I request netting?

A: Netting is offered to WI owners only. It allows CRK the option to deduct all well costs from the owner's revenue. If you are interested in this option, this request must be made in writing to owner relations to the address, email or fax number above.


Q: When can we expect our 1099's?

A: 1099's will be mailed by January 31st.

All other questions and correspondence can be directed to the Division Order Department.

Comstock Resources, Inc.
Attn: Division Order Department
5300 Town and Country Blvd Ste 500
Frisco, TX 75034
Telephone: 972.668.8886
Fax: 972.668.8882

This website may contain forward-looking statements. Please review our forward-looking statement disclaimer here.
© Copyright 2020 Comstock Resources, Inc. All Rights Reserved.